To ensure we are fully COVID 19 compliant we have taken strict measures to ensure the safety of both event organisers, marshals and all runners hoping to attend. These will include…
- We will apply social distancing of 1 metre at all times, and will ensure there is no possibility of contamination through or exchanged items such as race numbers, medals, foods or liquids.
- Runners will be set off in waves of no more than 10 runners and at 1 minute intervals to ensure everyone remains socially distanced, or depending upon numbers, enough space will be provided so that the entire field can go at the same time, but with social distancing of 1m being observed.
- Participants will be required to have no flu like symptoms. If they have any symptoms of Coronavirus infection on the day, they must advise Race Directors and not participate.
- Suitable distance will be encouraged for all participants and supporters to gather before and after the race, in a socially distanced manner.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be available at a number of locations before and after the race.
- All marshals will wear masks/face coverings. All Registration to take place outdoor.
- Any queues will be socially distanced. Pinch-points and crowding will be controlled and avoided.
- If required, additional toilets will be provided.
- Race entry is ideally online, with minimal entries on the day.
- Those dispensing numbers or race packs will wear gloves. Runners pick up race numbers at arm’s length – there will no physical contact.
- Where possible runners must socially distance from each other at all times, and officials will carefully monitor on the day
- Runners must wear face coverings from the time that they arrive at the race venue until the start of the race, and after the race (from the finish line) until they leave the venue. Runners need to supply their own masks at their discretion.
- When passing another runner, they must use some discretion overtaking other runners, and take care to remain socially distanced.
- Runners must not block runners from passing (for example by running abreast)
- All water/feed stations, marshals will wear gloves and face coverings.
- At the finish, there will be an extended long finish funnel, and we will ensure all runners remain socially distanced.
- Medals will be posted some time after the event. Any other mementos will be given out by gloved and masked volunteers, with social distancing and no contact.
- Medical and first Aid will be on hand with Personal Protective Equipment to deal with any situations, in case of any incidents that may require treatment.
We are committed to providing a safe and enjoyable event, and will ask all runners to be mindful of adhering to restrictions, whilst still enjoying the day and this wonderful occasion. It’s been such a long wait….and we can’t wait to see you all on 2nd August, so…..
PLEASE HELP US KEEP EVERYONE SAFE
PLEASE REGISTER URGENTLY to avoid disappointment